[vc_row][vc_column animation_iteration=”1″][vc_single_image image=”765″ img_size=”full” add_caption=”yes”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_tta_accordion][vc_tta_section title=”Synopsis” tab_id=”1561711336911-717870a9-987e”][vc_column_text c_id=”.vc_1561711382776″]A Boarding School is an observational documentary which offers rare access inside an Islamic boarding school, and an insight into a traditional educational system that fosters good character-building based on a peaceful religious teaching that has been practiced in Indonesia for centuries. Raising their students to respect and to have compassion towards others despite their differences, these schools are Indonesia’s last defense in the face of today’s rising extremism.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Impact Campaign” tab_id=”1561711336911-61e7b82d-96ff”][vc_column_text c_id=”.vc_1561711635331″]The intimate observational approach used in A Boarding School invites its audience to walk through practically every corner explorable in Pondok Kebon Jambu, to observe the life and teachings inside it, as the boarders and teachers experience daily. Through customized interactive screening and activities using the film and its learning tools, we would like to:
- Spark meaningful reflection and discussions about the wealth of wisdom in Islam, that should not be single-mindedly defined by certain groups.
- Inspire the creation of breakthrough social models in various spaces (schools, working environment, communities, etc) that promote and safeguard intercultural sensitivity.
- Promote and build an education system that is not only focused on academic results but also character-building and civic responsibilities among students.
- Connect and cooperate with like-minded individuals, organizations, institutions, and brands who can use the film to promote a more intercultural awareness and inclusive society in Indonesia.
In order to achieve those goals, we need:
- An impact Team for one year.
- The production of discussion guides and learning tools.
- Costs of conducting 50 community screenings all over Indonesia for one year.
Furthermore, we hope to amplify the release of the film via website, to accept request for screenings and its learning tools. This would allow the film to reach a wider audience beyond the existing network of supporters, to further use the film package and promote the integration of a wholesome attitude of intercultural sensitivity in the society.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_accordion][/vc_column][/vc_row]